DSI has extensive experience in the study and analysis of contaminated sediment fate and transport. Our expertise ranges from collection and analysis of field data, to data processing, the modeling of hydrodynamic systems for movement of PCBs, dioxins, herbicides and pesticides. Impacts of toxics associated with sediment erosion, resuspension and environmental dredging for major attorney client privilege legal settlements have also been undertaken. DSI utilizes a range of 3D modeling tools for this purpose, including EFDC_Explorer, which has been developed to allow sophisticated analysis of a wide range of toxics fate and transport scenarios.
At DSI we provide a broad range of services for Contaminated Sediments including:
- Fate and transport studies
- Natural attenuation evaluations
- Containment strategies
- Field data collection and analysis
- Sediment transport modeling
Portland Harbor Hydrodynamics & Sediment Transport (OR, USA)
The Willamette River originates in the Cascade Mountain Range, flowing through northwestern Oregon for 187 miles to… Read more.
Housatonic River PCB Study (MA, USA)
For decades, PCBs had been released onto the soil near and into the Housatonic River from a GE facility in Pittsfield, MA… Read more.
- Newark Bay/Passaic River, NJ, USA (confidential)
- Duwamish River, WA, USA (confidential)
- Danang Airport Dioxin Investigation (Vietnam)
- Bien Hoa Airport Dioxin Investigation (Vietnam)
- Port Augusta Hydrodynamic Model and Mercury Study (Sicily, Italy)
- Little Lake Butte de Morts Sediment Dynamics (WI, USA)
- Lower Athabasca River Water Quality and Toxics Modeling (Canada)